Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 29

My weight this morning was 128.9

I got up early this morning. Yay! Two days in a row. Kara was awake when I got home, but not when I left. We're trying to push her to 7 AM. She's gotten up at 7 or shortly thereafter for the past couple mornings. I did get her up at 6:45 AM when I got home. I am not going to feed during the night anymore because she doesn't need it. Eventually she'll be sleeping in a little later. I feel so much better now that I am getting up into the morning. I feel MORE energized and I am so happy to see the kids in the morning.

I swam this morning for forty minutes--ten minutes of legs, five minutes of rotations, and then twenty of laps with the kick board and I tried without kickboard. Here are my observations: 1) I am never self conscious when I run. It comes very naturally to me. I've had little instruction beyond reading a few books and talking to other runners. I am, however, self conscious when I swim. Especially when I am surrounded by seasoned swimmers who go fast and obviously know what they are doing. I feel like everyone is watching me even if they aren't. 2) I am still awkward in the water. 3) Swimming is exhausting. Usually after I run I am tired, but I feel pretty good. After I swam today, I felt fatigued and almost sleepy. 4) When I run I can "tune out" or "get in the zone" and think about things. When I swim, I am always concentrating on form which I am not always doing right. It is more mentally exhausting. I still want to continue to swim on or two days a week. I am not trying to be a triathlete. It's just a great form of cross training I want to continue to do.

My body is SO sore today. I think from Group Power yesterday. Maybe the extra running three days in a row. Tomorrow I am going to run four miles with Trena. Then I may take Saturday off and run Sunday instead. I am hoping to the 5K in Keizer on May 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment