Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25

I ran about 1.75 miles this afternoon. I ran my route from Hrubetz to Liberty to Boone to Lone Oak back to Hrubetz. I was suprised I was sore from my run last night. I started off feeling stiff again and did not feel good until five minutes into it. I probably could have longer, but I didn't want to overdue it.

If I run the Portland Marathon in the fall I have to start training on June 6th. I want to follow the Hal Higdon plan. It's a little different from the training plan I did when I ran Portland. There's only one 20 mile run and when I trained for Portland I did three. It is set up a little bit differently with more cross training. He says the best cross training is swimming, cycling or nordic walking. I also have to be up to six miles by then and running about fifteen miles weekly slowly increasing it. I hope to run four or five this weekend. Maybe Trena will run with me and hopefully the weather will not be crummy.

I also am doing better again with the points today. My mom made a low fat, gluten free lunch that was very tastey. It is so much easier being on this diet when you're at home. I am hoping I can stick with it when I go to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks even though we'll probably hit the fast food circuit again. I am happy to say our vegetable drawer is getting much more use now and I am eating more fresh fruit too.

No comments:

Post a Comment