Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 17

I ran about 2.5 miles this afternoon. I ran to Sunnyslope Park and back. I first ran down to the light at Liberty and Cunningham because I hate the long lights at Skyline. I love this route because I like the neighborhood around Sunnyslope Park. It's quiet and pretty. I need to figure out what streets connect where because I would like to incorporate the route on my longer runs. Sunnyslope is a good place to stop for water. I felt really good while running and the strongest yet. I could have gone longer, but Rob had to get ready for church. We were gone a good chunk of the afternoon already. At least he got his nap in.

I really stuck to the points today. It was hard not taking cookies at church and then again at the Open House. It helped that Rob bypassed them too since he can't eat them either. I made an egg and tuna salad for lunch. After I ate it, I felt full. Then around 3 PM I felt like I was starving again.

I want to figure out what race I want to do because then I can start looking at training plans. It depends on our vacation schedule and whether or not Rob would want to watch me finish. At this point I am leaning towards the Portland Marathon. The 1/2 sold out already so I would have to do the full. The full usually doesn't sell out until later in the summer if it does at all. I am interested in doing the Columbia Gorge (which looks kind of hilly) or Seattle which is over Thanksgiving weekend. I don't want to run Seattle if I am going to be running four hours in a rain storm. That might break that option for me. We'll see what our fall looks like after we figure out vacation schedules next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment