Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 29 & 30: Back to running

Exercise:

Monday = Rest (legs STILL hurt)

Tuesday - Ran 3.92 miles

It is so good to be running again after a long break.  My legs feel tight and my endurance not what it normally is, but was just wonderful to be out there again.  Especially not dealing with any GI stuff or allergies or anything.  I did the Sumpter neighborhood but took La Cresta street which I never run on before.  Big massive hill, but I felt like I needed the challenge.  I do like a little bit of rolling hills to keep things interesting.

Food:

It is funny how when you are not exercising, you crave junk.  It is easier to eat it.  Using the "I climbed a mountain and burned off all kinds of calories" excuse can only be milked for so long.  I am not eating terrible but I am gravitating towards the greasy fattening stuff and unfortunately I drank a Coke today.  It is hard when we are near the end of the groceries too.  But tomorrow is a new day, of course.

Sleep:  Last night I had a horrible, scary dream.  I don't remember much of it except someone or something was getting close to my face with every intention of harming me...I think stabbing or suffocation.  I think it was similar to the Bones episode Rob and I watched last night.  Anyway I cried out enough to make Rob wake up and he was concerned.  I had a Diet Mountain Dew at 6 PM, and it probably was enough to disturb my sleep. I also took a half (more like a quarter) of a Unisom so I would get good sleep.  I also took another Immodium as my GI stuff was slightly coming back.  It was probably like mixing some sort of bad cocktail and let's just say it backfired with bad sleep.  I have found that medication that causes drowsiness like Bendaryl, Nyquil, and Unisom can backfire with me and cause excitability instead of sleepiness.  The only one that has seems to work is Sudafed PM and the generic versions of it.  I only take this when I have a bad cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment