Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11: Indoor cycling and food successes

Exercise:  Group Ride - 1 hour

I went to the 5:30 PM Ride class as I had a harder time getting up this morning.  It worked with our schedule this evening.  I really enjoy Ride more than I used to.  Of the the bike, swim, run, component--biking is by far my weakest.  I have anxiety about crashing, scared of getting flats, terrified of hills and ride the brake, and still scared of biking in clips (though made some progress).  I had anxiety of open water swimming too.  But getting lots of pool time helped in the outdoors.  So I am hoping indoor cycling will impact my outdoor cycling.

Sleep:  I slept amazing until about 4:30 AM.  I sometimes go to 5:15 AM Group Power Thursday mornings (it's often a goal the night before at least).  But female problems like bad cramping and head aches kept me in bed.  I slept restlessly until Rob's alarm went off at 6:30 AM.  The good thing is I often only have one day of this.  I am hoping the change in eating can help more with the mood swings, but the physical issues are much less of a problem.

Food:

Some successes...
1)  I declined ice cream last night. I even looked at the rich chocolately scoops and almost went for it.  I ate a rice cake with peanut butter instead which was actually very good.  Rob buys them as a snack since his gluten intolerance does not allow him to eat cookies, Oreos, graham crackers, etc.  I think he is going to have to buy more.
2)  I had another vegan breakfast salad and found leftover berries in the freezer from picking this summer.  I read berries are rich in carbohydrates and good for runners.  I am kicking myself I did not pick more blackberries in August.
3)  I had a beet for lunch.  I grew them this summer with hopes to make red velvet brownies with them.  I tried to make them in July and it was an epic failure.  They tasted terrible and I did not like the texture either.  I do not think I ever eaten beets at any point in my life except they may have been in a salad.  I grated them, tossed them with them with some olive oil and lemon juice.  It actually tasted really good--kind of carrot-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment