Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8: A Rainbow of Veggies

Exercise:  Ran 4 miles

I did the Skyline/Davis route.  The gradual hill on Skyline always kills me.  I end up walking at some point.  Today I did not have to.  I made it the whole way.  I also did not have much trouble getting up.  I am enjoying running with the sunrise and seeing the mountains in the horizon.  Fall here is an amazing season.

Food:  A friend of mine mentioned putting honey in oatmeal instead of brown sugar.  Add some banana or berries.  I was going to do it this morning, but I love my brown sugar too much.  I never cared for the taste of honey, but maybe I have not given it a fair shot.  So I had a bowl of Cherrios instead.

I was reading about eating a rainbow of fruits and vegetables.  The house is currently stocked with fresh cucumber, tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, apples, bananas, blackberries, and broccoli.  I had some yogurt and berries and tomatoes and cucumber for lunch.  I could eat lunch like this every day.  I just wish my garden produced food year round.  We do have a year round farmer's market that I might be checking out come winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment