Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7: I miss the cinnamon buns

Exercise:  Ran 6 miles

Food:  I am not going to write out everything I ate.  It gets way too tedious and I won't stick with it if that's my expectation.  I think I don't give myself enough credit because I really do know how to eat healthy.  I get flustered sometimes by the trend diets and the good carbs versus bad carbs.  Every Sunday morning we make cinnamon rolls out of the Pillsbury tube.  They are so incredibly delicious.  I often have two. Today I had none.  I had a small bowl of Cherrios.  Maybe Cherrios are not as good for you either, but they sure are better than gooey cinnamon buns.  This is why nutrition is so incredibly frustrating for me.  One time in a group discussion at my mom's group someone at the table asked:  "Well which cereals are healthy?" to which one of the nutrition gurus replied:  "None of them."  I really wanted to roll my eyes, but I contained myself.  We obviously have different standards when it comes to "healthy."

The husband who was blessed with wonderful metabolism that I will never have makes desserts on the weekend.  It's a hobby of his and he's really good at it.  Amazing in the kitchen, I might add.  I am forever blessed.  So Sunday will be a dessert day and I am not going to feel guilty about the Boston cream pie sitting in the refrigerator right now.

My other goal was to have my favorite drink of Diet Mountain Dew once every day instead of every day. One every day, I know.  Judge me if you want to.  I know people who consume much more than that in a day.  We all have our weaknesses.  I am going to see what cutting down caffeine does.  Not quite ready to throw out the morning coffee yet.  One thing at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment