Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 1 - 9

Monday - Rest

Tuesday - Ran 3 miles

Rob & I had insomnia issues.  His was most likely due to eating gluten on Monday.  Mine was just plain waking up every hour for no apparent reason.  I have things on my mind, but honestly don't feel overly anxious.  The summer to fall transition used to be the worst time of year for me starting in high school...I would hate it.  I often didn't feel better until late October and sometimes later.  I stopped feeling this way after moving here (it helps it stays warm here as late as November), but this year I probably lean more towards not ready for the transition.  Since this year also means going back to work.  Looking back on last year we just had way too much going. I wouldn't say it was more than we could handle, and it was a good year.  I have some awesome memories of it and I enjoyed my job too.  I just don't feel like we need such a "run everywhere--on the edge of stress life."  The kids aren't doing any fall sports until November when Kara or Derek will do swim lessons.  Hailey has decided not to do swim team...at first I was a little sad, but now I totally understand and it's the best decision.  She can always pick it up again later and she wants to swim lessons in the spring.  She's already doing piano and will do basketball in the winter.  We're continuing to do running together.  All three kids raced last week and Kara won in her age category.  Hailey got her mile time down to 9:38 which is amazing--she was at 13 minutes at the beginning of the summer.

The cat has been meowing in the halls again--I don't know why.  Ugh it drives me nuts.  I don't want to lock her up again at night, but I think I'm going to the next three nights.  I had to laugh last night I came out at 4 in the morning after she was doing that shrill meow and she took of running for the laundry room knowing I was going to lock her in there--kind of a "I surrender."

So bad insomnia.  Didn't get up and run.  I was able to do a quick 3 miler over Rob's lunch.  I will have some Tuesday & Wednesday afternoons completely off this year.  I would much rather have afternoons off versus morning.  I am already liking this schedule.  I'm also liking having more toddlers around.  They're busy of course.  But the preschoolers could be more demanding at times (especially the last half of the year) with finding things to do to keep them busy and getting along.  Ironically it was the preschoolers who followed me everywhere not the toddlers.  :)  Looking back I would maybe do things differently and try to set some boundaries, but last year was my first year and I had a huge learning curve.

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

I slept hard from 10:30 until around 4.  Then the cat was meowing.  I was completely wide awake and couldn't sleep.  I just laid in bed until 4:45 and then went to the pool.  I was not as into the workout.  It wasa  lot of the same thing today--lots of 100's.  I was getting a little bored with it.  I also felt tired and cranky mostly because I miss the summer already.  It turned out to be an OK morning and I need the morning exercise to get me through the day...even if I'm not as into it.

Thursday - Power 1 hour

Power was really good.  I think it's harder doing it first thing in the morning versus the afternoon, but kept my weight about the same as last week.

Friday - Ran 3 miles

Really hard to get up!  I ran the 3 mile route through the Welcome Way neighborhood.  Nice hills and quiet neighborhood.  Really good run.

Saturday - Group Ride

Ok so 7 AM doesn't feel early anymore to get up now that school is back in session.  Went to Ride and probably one of the best times I've had at Ride in awhile.  Way more into the workout and less looking at the clock waiting for it to end.  I'm getting more into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment