Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 12 -14 Weekend Recap

Exercise:

Friday = Rest

Saturday = I ran 3.5 miles at the absolute worst time of the day.  It was at 5 PM which is our hottest time of the day.  It's been in the high 80's/90's here.  I took a water bottle along and that helped, but it was still tough. I had to take a few walk breaks.  I intentionally did the Cunningham Hills because getting more comfortable with hills is one of my running goals.  Other than being overly hot, it was good run.  I did a tempo run where I did slow 1 mile, fast 1 mile, and slow 1 mile.

Sunday = 7 miles.  I love running Sunday mornings.  It makes the day go smoother.  Sundays have always been days of high anxiety for me even before I had kids.  I often feel uptight at certain times of the day.  Sometimes I struggle with the church small talk and the fellowship halls feels overwhelming. I ran through the Welcome Way neighborhood to the Sumpter neighborhood and again intentionally took on some large hills.

Sleep -  I have been sleeping amazing the last few nights even when we were camping.  I am hardly waking up at all in the middle of the night.

Food -  Friday breakfast & lunch, I ate very healthy--fruits and vegetables, some ham slices, oatmeal with honey and banana.  Friday night & Saturday were difficult because we were camping.  I had some fruit but I also ate junk.  I can tell today I am craving junk again.  I ate cereal and milk for breakfast and leftover homemade pizza (not great, but could be worse) for lunch.  Right now I am craving sweets.  I ate an apple for a snack and that helped with the cravings.  We still have quite a bit of fresh produce in the house and that is helping with snack alternatives.  This week is going to be harder because we have Hailey's birthday and my Bible Study is meeting at a dessert cafe.  I am going to really try and eat healthy for the meals as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment