Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24: I drank a green smoothie

Exercise = Rest

I am still resting and hopefully will run tomorrow morning.  My stomach is back to normal, but whatever we had does not go away right away.  Kara threw up in the van yesterday late afternoon and woke up from a nap today with an upset stomach.  I don't want to push it and get sick again especially since I am climbing South Sister this weekend with friends from church.

Food

This morning I had cereal and milk again.  For lunch Kara and I made a green smoothie.  I don't make these very often and I never get the consistency quite right.  This time it was way too liquidy.  I managed to drink a glass down.  I think I am more bothered by the texture and color versus the actual taste.  Kara loved it and had two small glassfuls...hmm...I hope that's not why she feels sick again this afternoon.  My thoughts are why not eat all the foods in their actual solid form than blend them all together?  I would much rather eat a plate full of spinach and fruit versus drink it from a glass.  I see why people like these...they are convenient.  If I had an office job, it is something I would keep on my desk and drink throughout the afternoon.  For dinner we are trying a new beef and vegetable stew that was a freezer meal I made a few weeks ago.  We are trying to keep a couple meals in the freezer for busier weeks...might be a good thing especially when basketball starts.

Sleep

I slept amazing last night.  I just woke up to the door constantly rattling.  It is time to shut the windows, but I think I am still in denial that fall is actually here.  I am not turning on the heat until I am actually cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment