Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 9: Honey is OK...Starbucks is my downfall

Exercise:  Rest (Tuesdays was my rest day a good part of last year and that is working pretty well this time around as well)

Food:
I slept terrible last night.  I did not have insomnia but my body kept waking up every hour.  I was in a restless state of sleep most of the night.  When I woke at 5 AM, I felt like "Can we just end this night--I'm sick of waking up!"  I slept until 6:50.  I went out to Applebees last night with friends and I drank a Sam Adams at 9 PM.  When I got home, I felt thirsty.  I did not want to drink water and be up every hour peeing.  Sometimes I have over active bladder at night.  I also felt way too warm.  I would rather sleep with the windows open and sleep under a pile of blankets whereas Rob said he's been freezing the past couple nights.

I had steel cut oats for breakfast with banana and honey and loved it!  So good.  Rob brought home lunch from the funeral...salad and ham on buns.  We had a very healthy dinner--homemade broccoli soup and salad.  It was a little bit of a crazy mid morning as I will have two infants on Tuesdays for about one hour--that's all.  It was an adjustment for me as I have not taken care of an infant since last fall and she was a bit older than the two I had this morning.  I've never done two at once.  It went fine and Kara went above and beyond helpful the entire morning.  I have been trying to do special one on one things with her when there are not child care kids here.  So we went out to Starbucks and I got a frappucino.  To my credit I did not have ice cream at night which was becoming a regular occurrence up until this change in eating.

I also went to the natural grocery store because they sell the sports drink I used when I trained for the California International Marathon back in 2010.  I loved the stuff.  It is a natural electrolyte and not as sugary as Gatorade.  When I did Portland in 2006 and CIM in 2010, it was the official sports drink at all the aid stations.  I ordered it on line because the nearest store that sold it was all the way out in Lebanon.  I never go out that way.  Then I discovered it was in a store in Palos Heights close to where my parents live.  So my mom would send me packets until that store closed.  Being in Natural Grocers was overwhelming.  I have never seen so many vitamins, protein shake mixes, supplements in my whole life.  I felt dizzy walking through the aisles.

No comments:

Post a Comment