Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 22 & 23: And I got sick too...

Exercise = REST

My stomach was hurting Sunday night and I thought I would be up during the night throwing up, but I managed to sleep OK.  I got up and did not feel great, but did not feel horrible either.  So I decided not to cancel child care. I figured I could get through the day. One of my toddlers was sick anyway with the exact same thing Kara had so it was quiet morning here with just one child.  By mid morning my appetite was completely gone and I was tired.  After the child care kids got picked up at 4:30 I laid down and read, check e-mails etc.  Then I slept from 5 PM - 7 PM.  I watched TV and read the rest of the night until 11 PM.  I think all that rest helped because I woke up today feeling almost back to normal.

Food

What I hate most about being sick is you lose weight, but it's not normal weight loss.  You will gain it all back.  It's not true losing weight.  It is the equivalent of a crash diet.  What I also hate is when my appetite comes back, I crave junk.  I would rather eat a candy bar or cookie or fast food instead of a piece of fruit.  So today was hard.  I had cereal for breakfast.  I had a few Wheat Thins, a few pieces of deli chicken meat, a piece of cheese, and some of Rob's leftover tuna.  I had zero fruits or veggies because I could not stomach them.  Dinner was even worse--I took the girls to Wendy's while Derek was at a birthday party.  I was craving fast food more than anything else.  I am not going to beat myself up because yesterday all I ate all day was a bowl of cereal and milk, a slice of bread with peanut butter on it, Saltines, and a glass of blue Gatorade--that is all.  So hopefully my normal appetite will come back soon.

Sleep

Last night I slept great almost all the way to the alarm.  I think all the extra rest and sleep helped me fight whatever stomach bug I was dealing with.  I am glad it was mild and I didn't miss any days of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment