Thursday, October 2, 2014

October 1 & 2: Swimming and Track Runs

Exercise:

Wednesday - Swam 1 hour

I had not swam in two weeks and I felt incredibly slow.  My legs still hurt and were tight.  I could not maintain a fast speed and I felt tired.  Usually I am not watching the clock as much, but this time I was.  I don't regret getting up and going because I needed the morning workout time.  I always like the feeling afterwards and the extra boost of energy it gives in the morning.  Sometimes on Wednesdays I am tired by 3 PM and feel like I need to take a quick nap.  Sometimes this is possible and other days there are child care kids here or my own kids need help with something.  Today I did not feel like I needed it all.  I did not feel tired until around after youth group.

Thursday - Track Run - 5 miles total

The triathlon club has not been updating the Facebook page with workouts.  I might have done this one before.  It was 1 mile warm up, 2 x 800, 2 x 400, 1 x 800, all with 400 recovery and then 1200 cool down.  It was incredibly dark out and colder than I anticipated.  I was OK with shorts and a t-shirt, but I could have used something for my head.  The track was pretty dead--only 1-2 runners at a time.  I did not feel as sore yesterday and the run felt great.  Originally I wanted to go to Power this morning but I figured I would go on Saturday instead.  I am probably more motivated to run on the track today versus Saturday morning.

Food:

Yesterday was better eating wise and so far today even better.  I am down another pound.  I am trying protein shakes not as a replacement meal but as a snack.  I want to see if it helps with the afternoon snack cravings.  I had a vegan salad for breakfast which is always a great way to start the day.  It is filling and fresh.

Sleep:

My sleep has been pretty normal the last two nights aside from the cat waking me up.  For many weeks I never heard her in the night and now it seems like it's non-stop starting at 2:30 AM.  I had put her in the laundry room where I can't hear her at 2:30 AM.  I have done really well training my brain to fall asleep again quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment