Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 22nd through 26th Not really what I expected

Exercise:

On Wednesday I was able to go to 5 PM Group Power which I rarely if ever can attend since we often have church activities on Wednesday night.  I enjoy Group Power and always walk away feeling like I had a great workout.  The 5 PM class tends to be the "buff class" as their weights are always double mine or even more.  It is motivating and a good pick-me-up after a day of working.  On Thursday I literally had no time I could even exercise.  Early morning was out because I had to an interview for the Banner.  I worked from 7:15 AM until 4:30ish.  Then clean-up, supper, and Bible Study which I did not get home from until 9 PM.  Friday was my plan was to go Group Ride at 5 AM.  The alarm went off and I threw that plan out the window because I felt overly fatigued.  After work I had to get ready for the Family Fun Night at the kid's school.  Saturday my plan was to run in the afternoon.  Then our plans with Hailey's friends got changed last minute which required me to drive to the other side of the town at the time I had planned on running at the South Salem track.  It was also blustery with high winds--it would be miserable running outside.  So I threw running out the window.  Since I cancelled it for Saturday, I cancelled it for Sunday too and figured I would start next week.  It is inevitable with working, kids, and vacation--schedules are going to be like this.  Unless it happens repeatedly like week to week--the time off does not set you back.  In some ways it has the opposite effect.  I want to swim next week, go to Power, and get my running in.  I am confident that will happen.

Eating:

It has not been a challenge eating healthy since we've been home.  I have done pretty well.  The challenge is the Halloween candy which is overly tempting to eat.  It only is going to get worse with Christmas around the corner.

Sleep:

My sleeping has been great except Thursday night.  I woke up around 3:30 AM and had some anxiety. My heart was beating fast and I felt jittery.  I was able to clear my mind, relax my body, and fall asleep.  It probably took a half hour but I intentionally don't look at the clock as it feeds the anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment