Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Catch up from last two weeks....

Ah I have not been keeping up this blog!  I am going to try to remember all my workouts.

Exercise:  Monday (the 6th) = Rest  Tuesday (the 7th) = I did an easy four mile run in the neighborhood first thing in the morning.  Wednesday (the 8th) = Swimming with the triathletes--I believe our workout had a lot speed swims which were tough but good for me to do.  Thursday (the 9th) = Track Run...a total of six miles.  I did 1600 warm up, 1200, 2 x 600, 2 x 400, 1600 and 800 cool down all with 400 recovery.  Friday (the 10th) = nothing.  This was a very full busy day and my moods turned irritable by 5 PM.  I couldn't motivate myself to go to the gym.  Saturday = rest.  Rob was gone all day at meetings and I couldn't get away but I got the whole house cleaned! Sunday (the 12th) = Long 12 mile run.  I started earlier like 5:45 and it was pitch black out.  I did the same route I did the week prior except ran through the Rees Hill neighborhood instead.  Running on Battlecreek before the sun fully rose was very dark...probably not safe.  I don't like my reflector vest besides it rides up.  I feel like I am wearing all this extra gear just to run.  Monday (the 13th) I rested and was a little sore.  Tuesday (the 14th) was the day before we left for vacation.  I did manage to squeeze a 4 mile run in to South Village Park and back.  It was refreshing after chasing kids and packing all day.  I was so thankful I was not feeling frazzled compared to other times we have gotten ready for a trip.  Wednesday (the 15th) was a travel day and no exercise.  Thursday (the 16th) I also rested.  Friday (the 17th) I ran on the Virginia beach boardwalk about 4 miles which I love!  There is nothing like running by the ocean seeing the sun rise surrounded by runners and walkers.  Friday (the 17th) I rested but we did some walking and playing on the beach.  Saturday (the 18th) I rested but again we did some walking.  Sunday (the 19th) I ran the whole boardwalk which was about six miles...maybe slightly more.  My goal was to do 8, but it was so incredibly windy.  I was a little pressed for time as well.  Monday (the 20th) was rest and traveling back home.  Which bring me to today--the 21st.  I ran 4 miles this afternoon.  My body is tired from the travel and weird sleep schedule and time change.  I was slower than normal but still appreciated the break in the day.  I can rarely run in the afternoons anymore and it's a treat when I can.

Food:  I didn't eat the greatest on vacation, but I don't feel guilty about it.  It is going to be easy to get back into it again now we're home.

Sleep:  I have sleeping great.  Even on vacation!  I normally don't sleep very well on vacation, but every night I slept amazing.  That has helped with the transition as home.  I feel a little irritable and tired but not the normal post vacation slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment