Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October 27 - 29: Back into the groove

Exercise:  So far this week has been better.  I originally planned on taking Monday off.  Rob was in Portland all day leaving at 5:30 AM so I had no time I could exercise.  Monday has generally been my day off so schedule wise--it is fine.  Yesterday I did a track workout at South Salem High running a total of 7 miles.  I did a 2 mile warm up, 2 mile build, 3 x 800, 1200 cool down all with 400 recoveries.  It was so incredibly dark out and was still pitch black when I got home, but there were other runners out too on the track.  It felt great to run again after a little break.  I know I pushed myself because I am a little sore today.  Today I swam with my swimming friends.  I really felt slow seeing as I have not been in the pool the past two Wednesdays.  I like I was dragging at times.  My goggles were on too tight giving me a horrible head ache that was started to make me queasy.  Once I loosened them, I felt better.  I still felt like the workout kicked my butt.  My abs are sore and I can't figure out if it is from Power last week, swimming, or picking up toddlers--maybe a combo of everything.

I did register for the holiday half so I will be doing a half marathon in December!

Food:  I am not struggling with meals...still eating pretty healthy.  I am struggling with sweet cravings and this always happens around Halloween.  Someone brought us a plate of Rice Krispie squares which I love...and Derek won a carrot cake so we've had carrot cake the last two nights.  I don't know how much is OK to have.  Seeing as I burn a lot of calories every morning, but I can't use that as an excuse for everything.  I have not weighed myself in a couple of weeks so I don't know where I'm at right now.

Sleep:  Monday was sunny and the only sunny day we've had in awhile.  I hung laundry outside, took kids for a walk, played in the backyard with the kids--I felt great.  Tuesday was blustery rain starting around late morning and being in the house gave me cabin fever.  I felt overly fatigued.  I took a half hour snooze while Kara and the infant I watch napped.  I ran with Hailey in the afternoon.  But I still felt so tired.  Rob and I watched Office reruns and I fell asleep at 9:30 and just went right to bed.  I didn't realize the cat (who never ever sleeps in our bed) was curled up next to me.  At 2:30 AM when I went to the bathroom, she was still there.  Not sure if this is going to be a new thing sleeping in our room--normally she sleeps in the girl's room or on the mats in the eating area.  Today even with getting up early for swimming I had way more energy.  I did take a short power nap at 5 PM, but other than that I don't feel the fatigue.  Sometimes it's hard to know what the root cause of it is.  My caffeine intake was the same both days--just a cup of coffee in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment