Friday, November 7, 2014

October 30 - November 7: Yay for good exercise

Exercise:  It has been going so well that I can't remember a time like this when I have been this motivated.  The alarm goes off and it takes me a minute or so to wake up...there have been a couple times I have almost fallen back asleep.  I know if I don't work out in the morning then I can't work at all--my schedule does not allow afternoons or evenings anymore.  Last week Thursday (the 30th) I went to early morning Power. Going to Power after a break like the week prior is painful, but this time was better.  I did not feel as sore afterwards.  Friday (the 31st) I went to Group Ride which I have only managed to go to once since school started.  Of the swim, bike, run--biking is my weakness.  I want to focus on biking more after the new year, but I want to get to Ride at least once a week while I can.  The indoor biking helps the outdoor biking.  On Saturday (the 1st) we had a full day.  We had a workday at church in the morning and I did some heavy duty weeding from 8:30 to 10:30.  Then I worked at the MOPS bazaar (which was not as much physical labor) from 11 to 2.  I got home and ran 4 miles.  The weather was perfect--clear and not too cool.  On Sunday (the 2nd) I did my long run and got 13 miles in.  I started out in the neighborhood behind Roths which is quite hilly (and dark!) but I felt safer than running on Battlecreek which is even darker with so little of a shoulder.  It was a really great run, but I was 10 minutes later than I hoped as I had to stop at Mc Donalds and use the bathroom.  Monday (the 3rd) was a well deserved rest day.  Tuesday (the 4th) was another track run totaling seven miles again...very similar to last week except more 800's and miles.  The track was busier which I liked...would rather be around other people than solo.  There were like fifty seagulls on the field.  Wednesday (the 5th) was another swim workout.  I can't think of anything significant about it other than I felt stronger than the week before.  Thursday (the 6th) was Power again.  I increased my weight on two tracks and could probably increase it a little more.  Friday (today the 7th) was Ride.  I didn't push myself very hard...at times I was zoning out and going through the motions.  I was really tired and not as into it this morning.  I am not looking forward to the junior high all nighter and it has nothing to do with the kids.  They are great and I don't mind spending that long a time with them at all.  It's just the sleep deprivation and it messing up my sleep schedule.  I've been so rigid in my sleep lately and it has helped with my anxiety and moods.  I just don't want this to throw it off and take days to get caught up.  I guess I have some anxiety about it.  Rob and I were talking about specific things that trigger anxiety that might seem peculiar to someone else.  One of mine is sleep or lack thereof.  Another one is falling off my bike or getting a flat tire hence the need to focus more on biking.  Because I do like to ride my bike.

Eating:  I must be doing something right because I lost another pound and someone said out of the blue today in the locker room that they see I have lost weight.  So go fruits and veggies because that is the only major change I have made...and not eating as much brown sugar on the oatmeal.  I used to have it almost every day and now I think I've had it twice since school started.  I do have ice cream, small candy bars, a cookie, but it is much less than before.  I really crave it around that time of the month which makes it quite challenging especially if I am irritable too.

Sleep:  I had one small bout of insomnia a couple nights ago and I'm almost positive it is related to that time of the month.  The app on my ipad where I track it helps.  I managed to calm my brain down so I could fall asleep, but it took a little longer than I would have liked.  My mind was racing with stuff I had to do...which really isn't much...but seems bigger than it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment