Monday, May 3, 2010

May 1 and 2

I figured out how to use Map My Run so I know my exact mileage! I ran 3.37 miles yesterday. I missed the turn on to Cloudview and ended up on Cloud. I thought they were the same street. Apparently they are not. I ended up on some massive, massive uphills. I was very excited I was able to complete them all without walking. Uphills are more of mental battle with me than a physical. I really like the neighborhood behind the grocery store, but it's a bunch of winding roads that dead into one another. It is super easy to get lost. I also did quite well sticking to the WW points even with the Auction Saturday night and the potluck yesterday. I dipped into a few of my weekly points. I am finding my hunger is not as intense as it was a couple weeks ago.

This morning I went to Group Power and felt really good. The bicep workout killed me again and I could not keep up. The rest of it was fine. I do work out so much better in the morning. I feel like I have more motivation and strength.

I am probably going to running this fall for Team Winter. It is through the Prostate Cancer Foundation's Atheletes For A Cure fundraising program. It was founded by a eleven year old girl named Winter who lost her father a little over a year ago to prostate cancer. She is a triathlete and can already run a half marathon at her young age. She lived in Michigan and moved to Oregon a year ago. I read about her in the Statesman journal and saw that she appeared on Rachel Ray and has been on the local news several times. Well this morning at the gym I met her! I recognized her and her mom from the pictures on her website. It was kind of cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment