Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 9-11

On Sunday I ran three miles and tried a new route. I did Lone Oak to Boone to Sunnyside (stopping at the park for water) to Idylwood back to Hrubetz. It was a great three mile route. The weather was perfect and I felt really good afterwards. I never used to run on Sundays and saw it on my day off. Now I love running on Sunday afternoons and find much solitude in it.

On Monday I got up at the crack of dawn and went to Group Power. It's Launch Week. I don't know if it's the economy or the fact my gym is putting in all new exercise equipment, but there's no freebies! Usually during Launch Week there's prizes. Now there's nothing--just new workouts. Which were really tough by the way. The class totally kicked my butt. I struggled the most with the shoulders track and normally that one is easier for me. The abs/core track was very confusing and a lot of people complained about it afterwards. I don't think anyone really likes change. I don't care for the music as much. The songs were either really old--like 60's or early 70's or really new. What happened to the 80's and 90's tracks?

I'm doing my long run during the week now for a few weeks since it works out better with my schedule. Today I ran 6 miles, but technically it might been closer to 6.5 miles. I need to look at the map and determine that. The alarm went off at 5:20 AM and I was making every single excuse not to go. I knew if I didn't go I would really regret it. And probably be crabby all day. It took me until 5:40 to get up and out the door. I did go in the opposite direction towards Battlecreek. That worked better. Aside from the huge hills on Boone, it was relatively flat with rolling hills. The hills on Boone are doable and help build up endurance. I was able to run the whole way! Very happy with that. Once I get my mileage up, I'll need to detour on side street and stop at parks. If I keep going on Commerical like I did this morning, I am going to start getting into Turner and it gets a little too remote.

I don't have the heel pain with my New Balance shoes so I am wondering if it's a shoe problem. Or maybe my other shoes aren't fully broken in yet?

I really feel like Weight Watchers is making a big difference. Since I am eating less "junk" I don't crave it like I used to. Last night at the shower, I bypassed the dessert table and didn't think twice. I had 1/8 of a piece of choclate cake and didn't feel like I could eat more than that. I'm having a harder time with some of the more fattening foods like cheese, hamburgers, french fries etc. I had quiche at the Mother/Daughter brunch and I didn't realize how many points I was eating. Again it is going to be harder this weekend with traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment