Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 7

I am feeling a little defeated right now. A little grouchy. It makes such a difference when I get up before the kids. On the weekends it is hard to do that. I hate going to bed at 10 or earlier on a Friday or Saturday night. So I guess that is why I am paying for it right now and in this grumpy state of mind.

Anyway I did run five miles yesterday. I picked a bad route though. My goal eventually is to run towards downtown. I can stop at Hillview Park on Ewald and then Fairmount Park for water before I would eventually get to Bush Park. The problem is there are a zillion lights on Commerical especially at the Liberty intersection. There is so much starting and stopping that it really gets annoying. Plus people pulling out of driveways not looking for runners. I always have to stop and make eye contact with the driver. A couple years ago I almost got hit by a car. So I think I am going to have to run the opposite direction towards Battlecreek where there are less lights. I can stop at Wes Bennet Park and I am wondering if there's another park in the area. This was my old marathon training route. Or else park my car at Bush Park and do laps. But anyway my goal was to run the whole thing except for the massive hill on Scenic Drive (which is probably the steepest hill I've ever run). I ran up the first hill and halfway up the second so I felt pretty good about how much I accomplished. I took water with me in my hip pack which helped. It was hot enough to need hydration througout the run. I drank at all the stupid stop lights.

I am feeling a little sore today, but not too bad. My right heel hurts a little bit when I run. I am wondering if it's a shoe problem. I was going to run in my New Balance shoes next time and see if that makes any difference. I am going to do my long run on Tuesday or Thursday morning the next two weeks as I will be in Wisconsin next weekend and doing the Keizer 5K the following weekend. I am going for six miles next.

No comments:

Post a Comment