Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25

Because we are away this weekend, I did my long run this morning. I did the exact course I did two weeks ago which is about six and a half miles. Throughout most of the run I felt distracted and anxious. Whenever my kids get sick, I always get this way. I always worry way too much about them. That was on my mind. I wanted to get out the door at 5, but did not get out until 5:30 AM. I was worried the whole time about leaving Kara screaming in the crib since she has been getting up super early again. I like to leave her until 6:30 AM. She was sleeping until 7 and even later. I don't want to feed her at 5 because I know she doesn't need it. I haven't fed her before 6:30 for over a month. She did get up at 6 and Rob got up with her. I felt guilty, but he said he did not mind.

Anyway my stomach felt tight and yucky. I was able to run the whole way, but I stopped at the Port-a-potty on Boone on the way home. After I went to the bathroom, I felt better. I was able to run up the hills on Boone. Because I felt fatigued and "off" my plan was to walk up them. I didn't need to. I actually felt great the last mile. Had it not been past 6:30, I could have gone another mile.

I am not sick. We went to the coast today with Rob's brother who is visiting. I have felt great all day. I'm not sure if it was anxiety or the fact I ate a big cookie at 9:00 PM or just randomness. Maybe a mix of all three. I would rather do my long run on the weekends, but we have had so much lately.

My right heel still hurts, but it goes in and out. It's not enough to not run on it. It seems to be better in my New Balance shoes, but I still question if my other shoes are not fully broken in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment