Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 3

I've really needed my morning exercise this week so far. It's been NUTS around here. Potty training Derek is a full attention type thing. Today Kara has decided not to nap very well. Hailey is frustrated because she's not getting the attention she normally gets. I am not sure if I want to continue the training with Derek because I'm not sure he's really getting it. It's a little too early to tell. Kara hates all forms of solid food right now and is not pooping. And the laundry keeps piling up. And this weather stinks! It actually was hailing! But exercise is good. It's MY time of the day even if it's at the crack of dawn. I'll take it. I am more ready to dive in and change diapers, clean up bodily messes, make up a bottle, etc. after I have been able to go running, swimming, or lift weights.

Today I ran at 6:00 AM. The alarm goes off at 4:55 AM. That's enough time for me to throw on clothes, grab my stuff, get in the van, and make it to Group Power with a minute or two to spare. Today I really wanted to run outside. Since I washed and dried my headphones, I hate running at the gym because I can't hear the TVs. I have never liked the treadmill as much as running outside except when I was pregnant. I don't have as much motivation on the mornings I run outside to get up. My plan was to get up at 5:30, but I didn't get up until 6. I ran 2.27 miles around the neighborhood (my regular 2 mile run with an extra detour hence making it 2.27). I didn't feel as good as I felt Sunday...a little more fatigued. Not soreness. Just felt like my endurance level was a little down. I was able to complete everything and I did feel stronger as the run went on. By the time I came home around 6:45, Kara was very awake and crying. Derek was up and crying. Hailey was just waking up. So the day began. It started out very crazy this morning. So I was thankful I did go running or I can pretty much guarantee I would not be in the greatest mood right now.

Tuesdays are hard for me. Rob works an extra hour because he has a 4:30 meeting. Which really is not a big deal. Two Tuesdays of the month he has a 7 PM meeting (and a few times it's been 6 PM and he doesn't come home at all) so he's only home for an hour and doesn't get back home until 9 PM. It's a very long day. For him and for me. I kind of wish the schedule could change, but for now it is this way. I can be thankful it's not every single Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment