Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 1 - 3

So I said it was would be quite humorous if my weight was down. Well actually it is. I am down 123! I haven't weighed this low since I was at Calvin. Wow! Who would have thought? I weighed myself on Tuesday, but I don't trust our cheap Wal Mart scale. I thought it was a little "off." The scale at the gym this morning confirmed it. It was the same. So maybe the fattening foods on the church campout did not set me back too far. I am pretty sure I was dealing with a female problem last week that was causing a weight gain.

On Tuesday I ran three miles at 6:30 AM. Kara slept in! Finally. I knew it wouldn't last as she's had early mornings again the last two days. At least I am getting great night sleep. Who would have thought? Three months ago I was lucky if I slept more than a two hour block. Anyway I ran my two mile route but went up to Ewald. It was a great run and before the rain hit. I felt super strong. Sometimes taking a couple days off helps you come back even stronger.

Yesterday I made it to Group Power. Again the shoulders track was so tough! I couldn't believe how hard the upright rows were for me. While everyone was dying on biceps, I felt like I was kicking butt. Rob and I are also trying to do abs workouts in the evening. He gets these hard core ab workouts at karate. He taught me some Friday night and I swear my abs were sore all day Saturday and Sunday. At first I thought I was getting gastroenteritis again, but it was muscle soreness. We were going to do them Tuesday night, but the Council meeting went too late. I was exhausted by 10 PM. Potty Training Round Two is going much smoother than Potty Training Round One. It is still pretty tiring. I feel like I am earning a Masters Degree in multitasking.

After Group Power I ran two miles on the treadmill. I didn't feel very good and I usually don't after Power. I was probably a little dehydrated. I actually felt the best once I was fifteen minutes into it, but I had to get back home by 6:45. Not sure about the new treadmills. I need to figure out how the programs work on it. I kept my speed lower like at 5.8. Had I not come from Power I could have done 6.2 like I was doing before.

Today the alarm went off at 4:50 AM. I didn't make it to the gym until 5:50 AM. I swam for twenty minutes. My goal is to swim one full lap without taking a breather in between. I still can't do it! Swimming is still tough for me. My rotary breathing is better. I daresay my form is smoother. It is still utterly exhausting. Maybe next week I can complete a lap. I'd like to add another swimming workout. I am thinking if Rob has a lighter week, I'd like to get an evening swim session in and maybe take myself out for coffee afterwards. Could have used it this week, but time did not allow it.

It looks like I won't be doing the 5K with the stroller. Kendra's stroller has a flat and I don't want to try and take the tire off and fix it. We tried putting air in it twice and it was deflated within a couple minutes. I also don't feel like buying my own jogger because they are way too expensive. We're slowly graduating out of the stroller phase anyway. I realize Kara will be in a stroller for awhile, but I am at the point where I am getting rid of baby items and not buying new ones. I am going to do Tracey's 6K in late June. I just saw there is an 8K in McMinnville in July...that might be a fun one. I would LOVE it if Team Winter would sponsor a 5K, but they are doing a bunch of triathalons right now. The fact I don't own a functioning bike and can't swim more than a length...I guess I have to stick with running.

No comments:

Post a Comment