Monday, June 14, 2010

June 13 & 14

Yesterday I took Hailey running with me again. She didn't really want to go. But she got super upset when I told her she could not run in a race in August if she didn't go running. I felt guilty. I struggle between the balance of pushing kids to do things even when they don't want to versus letting them make their own choices. I have always had regrets that I did not stick with soccer or track or clarinet etc. Then again if someone would have pushed me, I might have still quit. I was never driven until my 20's. I want Hailey to experience a lot of different sports and activities, but I do want her to become discipined and stick with things. We'll see where it goes.

After evening church I ran four miles. I did my old four mile route I used to do when we moved here...when I didn't know the neighborhood yet. It brought back memories. It also reminded me of why I hate running on Kuebler. Too busy. Too many cars. Too boring. I felt really strong and it was a nice way to end another Sunday. My Sundays lately have been rough due a lot of reasons I can't really get into. It doesn't have to do with Rob or people at church. It is kind of complicated to explain. Maybe I can formulate it into a blog post one of these days.

This morning I went to Group Power. Me and like ten other people...where was everybody? It felt so good to stretch my muscles. I was so sore from Friday. I also pulled a muscle in my neck. I do this a lot when I sleep on it funny. I often get a "stiff neck" once or twice a year. Power really helped. I have felt no pain in it since. It felt really good.

I realized that I was getting lazy with Weight Watchers and exceeding my points again. And it was a week when we were home so I don't really have an excuse. I am making better choices now. Yesterday I was even under my daily points by the end of the day and I had three meals and a snack. It's going better. Hopefully I'll see the results when I weigh in on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment