Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Add on from the last post

I also forgot that on Tuesday night I went swimming. I finally swam a whole lap non-stop. But it was TOUGH! Twenty minutes swimming is about all I can do. Maybe that will increase someday.

I also mapped out a nine mile run for this weekend I am pretty excited about. I'll pass three park--Wes Bennet, Morningside, and Hillview. I'll probably hit some good hills too. They say you should do your long runs on flat courses. Columbia Gorge is very hilly so I want to keep up with the hills. I need that endurance!

I decided not to get my Team Winter website everyday. The donations or lack thereof was causing me too much anxiety. I know I will generate some more donations and I will be making my own contribution soon. With potty training, Kara's bad nap schedule today, and VBS planning--I don't need the extra stress right now. I am hopefully going to the Vinecki house next week to pick up Team Winter t-shirts. I am looking forward to that. I watched one the videos again on the Team Winter website and it reminded me why I am doing this. Even if my contribution is small, every little bit helps. I have to remember that.

Funny gym obsevation today - The song we do the shoulder workout is the most bizarre song I have ever heard. It reminds me of an 80's super hero cartoon. It's hard to do the workout because I just can't take it seriously. :) There is also this lady who seems really kind. I would probably enjoy talking to her if I felt like carrying on a conversation at 5:15 AM--I'm usually a zombie. She always goes ahead of the instructor. She always finishes everything first. It kind of bugs me. I don't like standing in back of her because it throws me off. Why can't she go in sync with everyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment