Monday, June 21, 2010

Week #1

Total miles run this week = 20 miles
Total time of weight lifting = 60 minutes
Total swimming time = 40 minutes

Weight = 121


Sunday: Rest


Yes! Rested. Missed church too. Kara cannot go in the nursery with a cold, coughing, and mild diarrhea. I don't think it's serious, but could be serious for the littler babies. I still took her to the Open House and also got my Team Winter gear! Yay! Very cool to talk to Dawn and Winter while Ruger played with my kids. Neat family doing very awesome things for prostate cancer awareness!!


Monday: 3 Mile Run & Group Power


First went to Group Power at 5:15 AM. Felt awesome! Good workout. Starting to really enjoy weight lifting and increasing my weight.

Then I ran 6.21 K at the Summer Solistice Run. It was one of my best races! I felt like I was flying. It was fun to run with Josiah. At times he struggled to keep up with me, but he was determined to beat me. He passed me right at the finish line. It was the first time I raced with a running partner. I took third in my age category. The weather was absolutely perfect for racing. It was wonderful to have Rob and the kids cheering me on. I loved the course especially some of the running in the woods and on trail. It was very well organized!



Tuesday: 5 Mile Run

I ran five miles at 5:45 AM. I did the five mile course I did last Friday. The weather was perfect for running in the morning. Sunny and starting to warm up. I love the Sumpter School neighborhood...quiet and peaceful. There were other runners and dog walkers out. I felt a little lagging and sore at first from running the night before. Once I hit the second mile, I felt pretty omfortable.



Wednesday: Group Power

I could not get up this morning. Tuesday was a somewhat stressful and anxiety ridden day due to a few different instances. It was a not bad day...I actually had the most fun with the kids than what I had in a long time. I got A LOT done around the house. Just a few different things that stressed me out and affected my sleep. I fell back asleep after the alarm went off. I woke up again shortly after 5 AM and I knew I would not be able to make it in time. So I opted for going back to sleep. Wednesday is my optional day anyway. If I'm following Hal's plan, I don't really have to work out. I just find Power more effective if I go twice a week.

That's why I ran three miles in the evening. I figured I can cross train on Thursday, long run on Friday, and go to Saturday Power. That's the plan anyways. Things come up and they change. I ran my four mile route...just ran to Boone instead of Kuebler which shaves about mile off of it. It might be more like 3.5. Not totally sure. My right heel is hurting again. It stopped hurting around Mile #2. I have never had this before and I don't know if it's my shoes. It's not bad enough that I can't run on it. It comes and goes. I didn't have any heel pain on Monday at all. Other than the heel pain I tackled the hills on Boone pretty well.

Rob and I also started ab workouts again. We're committed to doing them twice a week.

Thursday: Run 3 Miles

Since I ran three miles the night before, I did my cross training. I was welcomed to the gym by the fire alarm going off. No one seemed that concerned and the manager was fixing it. Kind of glad it was going off already rather than when I was in the middle of a workout or worse yet in the shower.

I swam about twenty minutes. Ten minutes of that was freestyle with the kickboard. The rest of the time I did three full laps with breaks in between each lap. Wow, it was so hard. It is a challenge to keep my form together. I feel exhausted by the end of it. I am slowly making progress though.

Also checked my weight. I am 121!! Woo hoo! Could hardly believe it. I discovered two things--1) I have adapted better eating habits. I was not as religious with keeping track of WW points in the last week and I still lost weight. I didn't really change my eating habits at all--just splurged a little at Melissa's Open House on Sunday 2) I do gain about one or two pounds when it is that time of the month. This happened last month as well.

Friday: Run 8 miles

I procrastinated and ran in the afternoon. It was nice running in the afternoon, but I am finding I like the long runs in the early morning. Less traffic. It is cooler out. Then it's done and I can start my day. Because I was up later Thursday night, I opted to wait until Kara's morning nap. Then I had too much VBS stuff I had to get done. So I put it off until Kara's afternoon nap. It was warm and in the high 70's...a little too warm. I drank a whole bottle of vitamin water throughout the run.

I did a very similar route I did two weeks ago except for a few changes at the beginning and end. I ran by four parks--Sumpter, Wes Bennet, Morningside, and Hilltop. I did the strentch of Battlecreek/Pringle which is challenging and super hilly, but I really enjoyed it again. I avoided Madrona this time and ran up Harris. It was a huge hill again, but slightly drawn out. I ran up and down lots of hills around mile three and four and then in the last two miles and felt like I tackled them better. I did not have to stop and walk at all. I did walk by Morningside Park more for the purpose of getting a full drink of vitamin water. I did not want to dehydrate.

No major pain or injury right now. I did ab workouts with Rob again Wednesday night and slightly sore from that.

Saturday: Group Power

We were out late Friday night with Jennifer's wedding. We got up at 7 because all three kids were awake. I was not motivated enough to go to Power. I had to finish up the VBS stuff I did not get done yesterday.

So I went to the pool during Kara's afternoon nap. There were like seven people total in the whole facility. No one was at the gym. The weather was perfect and we were planning on going downtown in the late afternoon. I had enough time to squeeze in a swim.

I did the normal twenty minutes of swimming...similar to Thursday. I am still making very slow progress and would like to book another lesson with Kim. I just can't really afford it right now. I have too many other things to pay for. I think I am trying to go too fast. When I run I get "in a zone" where I think about life, play a song in my head, and relax. My non-running friends don't get how I can relax while I am running. I can't get this way when I swim. Not even close. So it's just going to take a bit of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment