Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Training starts Monday!!!!

Marathon training starts on Monday!! This is pretty close to Hal Higdon's Marathon plan. The only change is I am doing six days of workouts instead of five. Hal has four days of running with one day of cross training. I am not sure where he puts weight training in there. But I want to continue with Group Power because I know it helps me tremendously. But Wednesday is Group Power only which is no cardio. It could be some weeks I skip it entirely and make it another rest day. I don't have to do Power twice a week. Also swimming on Saturday might be tough as we've had busy, busy weekends lately. There's been hardly any time to get away. I think if I'm committed to it, it can work. I do have the option of going to Saturday Power and swimming Wednesday morning or in the evening. The first long run is eight miles and I am so glad I am already past that. The last time I started marathon training I was not even up to three miles yet! I went out and ran three miles after I had only run one a couple days before! I am glad I have been running on a regular basis for two months.

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Group Power & Run
Tuesday - Run
Wednesday - Group Power
Thursday - Run
Friday - Long Run
Saturday - Cross Train (Swim)

No comments:

Post a Comment