Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 6 - 9

I took Sunday off from all the running on Friday and Saturday. Sunday turned out to be a crummy day for various reasons. Running probably would have helped boost my mood. I also did not want to overdue it. The weather was not nice enough to take the kids to the park or go walking with them.

Rob and I stayed up later than usual on Sunday watching some documentary. I did not want to get up for Power because I only would have gotten six hours of sleep. So I went running at 6:00 AM. I ran my three mile route. I felt a little sore coming off the weekend, but it was a good run.

Yesterday I meant to get up and go running. The alarm went off and I felt so tired. I felt like my body was telling me I had to sleep or I would not be able to function. I had planned to go running at Rob's lunch. We were sitting on the patio. It was finally warm out. We were having a lot of fun in the backyard. So I put it off until the evening. That meant I stayed in running clothes all day without showering--kind of gross. I don't usually do that.

Hailey has been asking me to take her running. So I ran with her to Lone Oak and back (a little less than a half mile). We ran/walk. She loved it and so did I. It was pretty fun. Willamette Valley Roadrunners hosts cross country nights in August and kids six and under can run 500 meters. Hailey says she wants to try it. If she continues to be interested and motivated, I'll keep taking her. It's a nice warm up for me. After she went to bed, I ran my regular two mile route. I felt like I kept my pace faster than normal. It's hard beleive a few months ago two miles was the most I could run. Now it's a breeze. The rain was starting to come down and it was getting cooler out. I don't like running in the evenings, but sometimes it is a nice break from the morning.

This morning I did get up for Power. I felt like a zombie when I got there. Once I got into the workout, I felt good. She didn't change the workout very much from last week. So I knew what to expect. I think I am going to try to increase my weights on back and legs. I could probably increase it on the lunge track, but I'm too chicken. The lunges hurt today. I worry about my knees. I had pretty bad knee problems in high school which my doctor diagnosed as bursitis. Whenever I get injured it's always that area or the area in back of the knee.

Official marathon training starts for me a week from Monday! I am pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment