Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26

I went to 5 PM Group Power. Why do I dislike working out at 5 PM and why don't I like the 5 class as much? I really don't know. There are a lot of "gym people"--you know the buff, skinny, athletes. It's a totally different crowd. I don't like the instructor as much, but I don't think that is totally it.

Anyway I was in the very front on the very edge and I won't set up there again. Half the time I could not see and had to watch people around me to see what to do next. Which didn't work very well at all. I also felt "off" at first. My lower back was hurting on squats and I was wondering the whole time if I was messing up the form. I realized some of my problems with the chest track and biceps (and maybe squats too) is I am not holding the bar wide enough. I widened my grip on the bicep track and I felt like I could have easily done 7 1/2 weights instead of 5. This might have been my problem before. Lunges were really good today, but we did the dynamic lunges. I find those much easier. I also pushed myself really hard on the shoulder and triceps tracks. I was able to do triceps dips which I absolutely hate. I could complete the whole workout without a break for the first time. They are getting much easier. I don't dread them as much as I used to.

I think our schedule will work out next week than I go back to the 7 PM class. For some reason I feel like I fit into that crowd better. Hoping to run three miles tomorrow if all goes well.

Rob and I talked about the Portland Marathon. He is pretty supportive of me doing it! I am really considering it!! I need to look at training schedules. I might run for the American Cancer Society or some related charity. I hope it works out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment