Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23

I did not run on Monday. It was really hard to get out of bed. I had run two miles Sunday afternoon so I was a little sore. This morning I had hoped to go running at 7 AM before Rob left for the office. It was too chaotic already...all three kids awake and ready to take on their day. I could not get away.

I ran about 1.5 miles during Rob's lunch. I ran Hrubetz to Jones to Idylwood to Liberty back to Hrubetz. It was a tough run for some reason. I felt winded and not as strong. I did complete it without walking.

Then I went to Group Power at night. It was a really good workout and I am getting so much stronger. I enjoy it more than ever before. The music was "on" tonight. We got to do dynamic lunges and squats which I love! I stuck with mostly the same weights as Friday. I did five pounds with biceps. I was still dying so I am glad I decreased it from Friday. I am getting the hang of the chest track and using the right muscle groups now. I think my form was off before. I wish I could go Thursday because he is repeating the same workout, but we have a youth ministry meeting that night. I will probably go to the 5:00 PM class on Friday, but I don't like that class as much. I don't feel as connected with the other people and I don't care for the instructor as much. Plus you have to get there at 4:30 or you don't get a spot. It's always packed. Such a pain.

After Power I decided to try lap swimming to get a feel for it. I have not swam laps since 2005. I really don't know what I am doing. I have had very little swimming instruction beyond basic swim lessons when I was in first grade. My goal was to swim for about fifteen minutes. I loved it! I did about three full laps, but I did breaks in between each length (half lap). I am so looking forward to doing this as my cross training. It's a great workout. I am hoping to take a private swim lesson after Easter when Rob is on vacation. That way I'll be able to work on form and improve on what I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment