Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 25

I ran two miles today in the cold, pouring rain. Why did I not go to the gym? 1) I was on a tight schedule this afternoon and did not have the time to go over there. Rob took the afternoon off since he's working his day off, but he had some other things he had to get done at home. 2) I feel like I get a better workout running outside 3) Running in the rain is good preparation for races. I remember running the Irish Jig in 2004 in cold, wet, March rain and the huge downpour and thunderstorm in the Fifth Third Riverbank Run also in 2004. It's not always nice and sunny on race day.

I ran my regular two mile route but I went the opposite way so I could do more uphills. Need to build up that endurance. Aside from being drenched and cold with wet socks, it was a good workout. I have no injuries or muscle pain right now. I am going for three miles this weekend.

Trena wants me to do a 12K with her in May. We'll see. I'd have to add a mile every week to get up to seven by then, but I think it's doable. Unless unforseen events occur and we have another month like February. Hoping that is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment