Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18

I picked a very good week to continue my exercise regimen. This week has been crazy and I feel even CRAZIER! Rob is swamped with things to do plus a funeral on Saturday. Did I not mention he has FIVE weddings this summer...four before July 1st!? Derek has been crazy...nothing more than turning into a three year old. Oh and breaking our second TV in less than a year. Grrrr. Kara has been doing surprisingly well. She does keep me busy...especially with bottles and pumping three times a day. Not sure how much longer I can keep that up because my milk supply is going down.

I really excited about adding a day of cross training into my workouts. Eventually that will be swimming or biking/elliptical at the Courthouse. I might experiment with a different options. Possibly going to Group Ride or biking and doing the elliptical on my own. I hate the elliptical and I'm not a big fan of the bike either. I heard Group Ride is one of the most difficult classes. So I am leaning towards trying swimming first. I bought a swim suit and goggles. Next I have to book a private lesson.

For now, I am walking. I woke up with really sore muscles and the walk helped tremendously. I walked from Hrubetz to Liberty to Idylwood to Jones and back up Hrubetz which I think it about a mile. It was pretty chilly outside this morning. It was clear when the sun was coming up and I could see the mountains! Love it when I can see the mountains. We don't see them much in the winter.

This weekend I hope to my long run (2 miles) and Group Power on Saturday. Sunday I am going to take off and figure out a plan for next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of the eliptical either - the bottom of my right foot always falls asleep if I do it for more than 20 minutes. I never feel like I get a good workout on the bike, either, but the stairmill is a killer. Wish we had a pool at our gym!

    Good luck on your 2 miles!

    ReplyDelete