Thursday, February 5, 2015

2/5--Swimming and new recipes

This morning I went swimming with Tracy.  Erica is sick.  We did our regular warm-up, followed a pyramid, then speed swims, breathing, and cool down.  I did about 3/4 of what she did.  She can swim a 50 in a little less than a minute while it took me one minute and five seconds almost consistently.  The pool was pretty quiet this morning.  I also did the yoga app on my ipad yesterday afternoon.  I honestly don't know if it making any kind of difference in my leg muscles.  But I was having a crummy late afternoon and I felt more at peace after doing yoga.

I made some sweet potato breakfast burritos to freeze.  I ate one for lunch to see if I really like it.  I do and they are pretty healthy.  I also starting drinking grapefruit juice in the morning because I am not getting enough Vitamin C.  I am thinking about trying to eat an actual grapefruit instead.  My dad loves grapefruit--I remember him eating it for breakfast fairly often when I was a kid.  Our tastes are so similar that I think I would like them too.  For breakfast Rob made eggs.  The kids are getting really sick of cold cereal and toast.  We used to do hot breakfast on the weekend, but we haven't since Christmas Break mostly due to basketball games.  I had some eggs on a piece of Super Food bread from Great Harvest (which is also healthy but so expensive--I got some for free from a friend).  For supper I am trying a pork chop recipe from the Food Network so we'll see if it's any good.

I slept amazing last night.  I slept right to the alarm.  My sleep has been so great the last couple of nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment