Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2/16 and 2/17 Roller skating and sunrise run

I did not exercise yesterday because I ran so long on Sunday.  I took the kids to Riverfront Park in the afternoon. It was 62 out! Kara biked to the pedestrian bridge while Hailey skated.  Derek skated too but he needed LOTS of help from me.  He held on to my arm the whole time.  I was not on skates as that didn't work as well last time.  He is catching on and doing better.  I am thankful we have a sidewalk and parking lot where he can practice.  Kara is almost off training wheels.  She probably will be by the end of the summer if not before.

This morning I got out the door at 6:10 am and ran with Tracy.  We did around 5 miles.  We ran around the Skyline neighborhood.  Some of it I have run before and some of it was new.  It was nice to talk and visit together while we ran.  As we came over the Davis hill the sun was beginning to rise over Mount Hood.  It was amazingly beautiful.  I love Oregon.  I don't think I would have pushed myself on the hills had I not been running with her.  I probably would have stopped because I was feeling out of breath on Skyline.

Today is one of those days I am non-stop hungry.  I had oatmeal for breakfast which is usually filling.  I had a rice cake as a mid morning snack.  For lunch I split some soup with Rob and had a few of his low fat chips.  An hour later I had a whole wheat tortilla with a slice of turkey and cheese.  I'm still hungry! And I'm craving junk.  I'm trying a new soup tonight which I am hoping is not a disaster.

I slept really good last night.  I fell asleep by 10:30 and felt rested when the arm went off.  Yesterday was a very crummy hormonal day.  Except for the three hours I was out with the kids and at the park with them, I would just assume forget how miserable I was.  I hate that!  Today I feel more stable again.  I can recognize it now and prepare for it--I just can't seem to get through it sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment