Thursday, February 12, 2015

2/12--Swimming and eating

It was great to swim this morning.  We did a full hour of our normal workout, followed by a pyramid of 250 pull, 150 stroke, 100 swim, 50 kick and then back up again followed by drills, breathing, and cool down.  I tried to focus a bit on speed and do more backstroke as well.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am the lowest I have been in quite awhile.  Well except for two years ago after I had a nasty stomach bug and I freaked out how much weight I lost.  Of course I gained it all back rather quickly.  

Rob made steel cut oats again and I find this is more filling.  I need a small snack at 10:30 am but I don't feel overly crazy hungry all morning.  I had a homemade whole wheat quesadilla for lunch along with celery with hummus.  No shakes today although my homemade protein bars rock.  I love them.  My guilty pleasure is Diet Mountain Dew.  I go through spurts. Lately I crave it at lunch after going several weeks without it. It's hard to get through the afternoon without a shot of caffeine, but I need to get off it again.  Tonight is going to be an unhealthy eating night as we have a pizza party and then I am meeting some friends for late night apps at Applebees.  I don't think I am going to order much--maybe just a drink.

Last night was not a great night of sleep.  Derek was really congested and not sleeping well.  He had some scary dreams around 12:30 am and woke me up, but he went right back to sleep.  He stayed home from school for the morning only. His appetite is back to normal and he has no fever or anything--just a little congested.  The cat also went crazy during the night again...I honestly think she was freaking about Derek not sleeping well.  The last time Kara was not sleeping well and Hailey slept in the family room and I slept upstairs--she went spastic and crazy.  Rob said she was checking on everyone.  I feel asleep pretty much right away both times so I was able to feel rested when I got up for swimming.

I kind of dread Fridays because the house is full all day and lately we have not been able to utilize the outdoors (although tomorrow is supposed to be nicer). Two Fridays ago the toddlers napped opposite and I was surprised how that tired me out.  I am going to coordinate their naps better tomorrow.  I need to run in the morning so at least I get some "me" time before the chaos begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment