Monday, February 23, 2015

2/20 - 2/22: 16 miles and life in general

I was so proud of myself that Friday I DID get up early and pounded out 8 miles at the track.  I made it home by 7 am.  My workout went really well actually.  It did make a difference in my morning.  I also took the toddlers on a stroller walk that was a half hour that turned into an hour.  I was on the women's retreat all weekend which was absolutely wonderful.  I am processing how amazing it was.  On the retreat we ate pretty healthy.

After the retreat concluded around noon, I drove into Monmouth and parked my car in front of Madrona Park.  Then I ran on the Monmouth Rickreall bike path that starts in downtown Monmouth and ends in downtown Rickreall.  It was hard going out because it was very windy.  Coming back was pretty easy.  Then I ran around Western's campus looping around until going back to Madrona Park.  My observations about Monmouth are as follows 1)  Monmouth is DEAD!  It is a sleepy town.  I saw zero runners and about 5-6 bikers.  It was a warm beautiful Sunday.  I can't believe how quiet Western's campus was.  When I was at USC last April it was so incredibly busy all hours of the day--then again that was LA.  This is small town Oregon.  2)  Monmouth is flat.  I don't think I ran up a single hill.  It was a nice break from all the crazy South Salem hills.  3)  I LOVED the Monmouth/Rickreall path.  It goes right by vineyards, wineries, and fields. There was only like two major intersections to cross.  It is right along the 99 but there is enough space that you don't feel the trucks whizzing by.  I think I am going to take the kids on it this summer. I was able to run about 16.2 miles total!

I came home from the retreat and felt fine.  Last night I slept terrible.  It was that restless sleep.  I woke up a few times and fell right back asleep.  It felt like I didn't sleep.  It was hard to get up this morning.  My gut was not normal and I am somewhat congested.  I felt OK as the morning went on and then much better but by 3 pm felt sick again.  Despite congestion, I feel better now.  I'm also still struggling with anxiety and that isn't helping.  I am jumpy and jittery and can't totally put my finger on why.  It has helped to journal and talk to Rob about it.  Running really really helps. I had zero anxiety on the retreat.  I think a big part of it is coming home and trying to piece together my schedule & to do list.  I don't have a lot of extra stuff this week but I do have quite a bit of extra child care.  

I didn't eat great today because I didn't feel good.  When I don't feel good I only crave junk.  If this is the cold everyone else got, it is not going to last super long and it's mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment