Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5 - New Day, New Year, New Workout

Exercise - Spartan 30 minutes

Today was my first day ever of Spartan training.  At first I was disappointed I could not get into the early morning class.  But going to the second class 6:30 am is better than I thought it would be.  Getting up at 6 AM feels like sleeping in for a weekday morning.  Now that the kids pretty much get ready on their own and I have no early morning child care on Mondays and Wednesday, I can be back as late as 7:40 AM.  Friday I will need to figure out when to shower because I am going to have to leave the gym once the class gets over versus showering at the gym.  I am hoping I can squeeze in a shower right before bringing the kids to school or right afterwards and that will depend if Abby sleeps or not.  This is only for a month.  After today, I am a little sad it is only for one month.  Because I think I would like to do it more than that.  I wish it was not so expensive!

The best way I can describe is that you are in a small group.  You move from station to station like circuit training.  It was almost all strength training today and we used a variety of things like sand bags, huge cylinders filled with water, earth balls, weights, and pull up bar.  I kicked it with the arm hang.  I was the second best at this in my class back in seventh grade and I can still do it.  I was never great at gymnastics and lacked flexibility, but I could do the bars pretty well.  I feel sore, but not anymore than if I went to Group Power.

I did register for the Minneapolis Marathon and I am started the running plan this week as well.  It's nice to have a goal--way more motivating.  I am not sure how the long runs are going to go on Saturdays or Sundays especially if we get a lot of rain this winter.  I am going to shoot to get them done in the mornings.  It will be much more easier once it gets a little lighter after 6 AM.

I am back to eating healthier too.  I had an avocado/apple salad for breakfast.  I basically let all my eating habits go the past two weeks.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I am also sick of the junk and ready for healthier eating again.  I have no idea if I gained any weight...I would not be surprised if I gained a few pounds.  I also let the sleep schedule too.  I can tell because I was starting to get insomnia again and moodiness.  There were some days I felt overtired.  I wanted to nap but it was not necessary since I slept 8 hours.  It will help sleeping regular hours again.

No comments:

Post a Comment