Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13: New route and hills

This morning I had planned on getting up at 6 and running.  I slept great.  My alarm did not go off because I set it wrong but I naturally woke at 6 anyway.  I decided to sleep until 6:30.  By 6:30 I lost all motivation.  My thinking was I could take today off, but I was not thinking clearly.

Anyway my child care schedule got flip flopped these next few days so I actually had this afternoon off starting at 11:30 which rarely happens.  So I was able to run during Rob's lunch which I love doing.  I love running this time of day especially the fact it was a cloudless blue sky and in the high 40's.  You cannot ask for it better than that.

I tried a new route too.  I ran down Liberty to Charles to Crestview to where Browning dead ends.  I ran up the Croisan Scenic Trail which I have never done before.  It basically goes through a woods and dead ends into Croisan Scenic Drive.  Then I ran through the Sunnyslope neighborhood to Skyline to Kuebler and back home.  The beginning portion was A LOT of uphill and I was overdressed (it was really cold this morning--I wore a thick coat bringing kids to school--warmed up really quickly) so that made it tough.  I took way more walking breaks than normal.  Once I was on the last mile and a half I was back to my normal pace and I also de-layered a bit.

Was thankful I got a run in despite my lack of motivation this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment