Monday, January 12, 2015

Last week and Monday of this week: Spartan, running, swimming

I did not blog the rest of the week.  On Tuesday I ran 5 miles in the morning around the neighborhood.  On Wednesday I went to Spartan and the workout was similar to Monday with the stations.  On Thursday I swam with my swimming buddies and we did that workout with all the kickboard exercises, but it went better for me than the last time we did it.  On Friday I went to Spartan and the trainer started out by saying our workout for the day was called, "Go big or go home."  She said someone threw up in the 5:15 am class which scared us.  Honestly I was glad there was a garbage can by the door if I had to throw up.  I would be more nervous if there wasn't a place to go.  I have only thrown up during exercise once and that was after the Hope for Health 5K in September of 2013.  There have been a few times swimming I have gotten queasy and gagged, but never threw up.   It was super tough.  I have never done so many burpees in my life.  But I like the intensity of Spartan and it has been fun.  Friday late afternoon I did a tempo run of about 35 minutes at the South Salem track.  Friday night I took Hailey and Derek roller skating.  It was Derek's first time on skates and he needed a lot of help.  At one point he fell and took me down with him.  I fell on his skate and hurt my tail bone.  Thankfully it was sore all weekend and not overly painful.  It did not affect running at all.  Saturday I rested.  Sunday I did a 10 mile run in the afternoon.  The weather was perfect for running...high 40's with a slight bit of rain.  I really felt good the whole entire run.  This morning was another Spartan workout which was not as intense, but still really good.

I am eating pretty well.  I only gained about a half pound since I last weighed myself so I am staying around the same weight.  I need to get further back into the fruits and vegetables and protein shakes for snacks, but it is taking me longer to get into that.  I am still craving junk from the holidays.

My sleep has been great.  I haven't had any bad nights since we were in the motel at the coast over Christmas.  Some nights I sleep right to the alarm.  Hailey has been having insomnia issues so I am trying to figure out what is causing hers--if it's anxiety, getting too much sleep, or the fact they sleep with the hall light on which is so light...I could never sleep with that much light.  I shut the girl's door last night to see if that makes any difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment