Monday, January 26, 2015

1/22 - 1/26 - Crazy Spartan and My Fitness Pal

Well here we are one week later.  On Tuesday I took the day off from exercise.  Moodwise, I felt better as the week went on.  On Wednesday I went to Spartan and it was a workout we all did together all at once which I really liked.  Probably because I am so used to group fitness classes that are structured like that.  Wednesday night I took the middle schoolers to the indoor trampoline park.  I did jump with them, but probably jumped for a total of 15-20 minutes.  I hung out talking with them part of the time as well.  On Thursday I swam.  Our workouts are an hour now and we always get done right at 6 AM which is super nice.  Before we would not be out of the pool until 6:10 or so.  On Friday was another intense Spartan and it was a competition.  She said 75% in the early morning class completed the workout.  I did the whole thing but barely.  I reached the end with like one second to go.  As the day went on my upper thighs felt incredibly sore.  I did not feel injured...just really sore comparable to when I climbed South Sister.  I almost broke out icy hot patches.  Saturday I was determined to do my long 12 mile run anyway.  I waited until the afternoon.  It was totally fine except I could not get up the hills without walking halfway up or when I got to the top.  I picked another new route which had more hills than I thought.  I was not on a time crunch so I allowed myself to walk when I needed to.  I took a few small walk breaks and I still finished with 10 minute miles so the walking did not affect my time too much.  My upper thighs felt like sandbags trying to get up the hills.  On Sunday I ran at the track.  I did a mile warm up, 5 x 400's with a 400 recovery in between, and an 800 cool down.  This was easier and not as tiring.  My thighs were fine because I was not running up any hills.  Today I don't feel nearly as sore.  We had a crazy Spartan workout with 120 burpees (not all at once) and we were all dying by the end.  This is my last week of Spartan.  I will miss it, but I can't do it all.  I do miss some of the other classes and the mornings are starting to feel too rushed with not getting back home until 7:30ish.

Besides sore thighs I also have had an incredibly huge appetite.  Like I eat and then an hour later I am hungry again.  Needless to say I don't always eat healthy stuff.  I have been gravitating towards junk again.  The last time I was on the scale I was 1 1/2 pounds heavier which can be attributed to other things.  So I went back on My Fitness Pal to help track the calories to see if I am eating too much, not enough, or just not the right kind of foods.  I opened a new account and I'm not friending anyone.  My weight loss is different from my friends who are striving to lose weight.  I feel like I get the support in other ways.  A lot of people don't understand why I would even count calories with training for a marathon and working out so much.  I don't think you really get it unless you are exercising that much...how it is so easy to just eat junk because you're hungry and you feel like you can justify because you ran 12 miles.  When really there needs to be a balance between healthy eating and exercise.

I have been sleeping fine aside from last night from 11:15 to 2 am--I was waking up all the time.  It could be due to the drink I had at 8:30.  I know alcohol makes some sleepy.  I've had sleepy things work the opposite way with me.  My anxiety level was also higher yesterday due to a couple things going on.  I used the lavender oil a little bit and it seems to help.  I've also been diffusing peppermint and spearmint at times during the day to help relax.  I have a small spray bottle of sweet orange I've used too.  We went in full force with thieves oil because I think it helped a couple years ago.  I'm so tired of someone being sick and lots of bugs are brought into this house with all the kids we have here.  Thankfully all my kids have been healthy for well over a week now.

No comments:

Post a Comment