Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19: New trail run

Today is was what I needed.  I woke up at 6 am and went to Spartan.  It was more strength training which I felt like my body needed.  Since the kids are at VB's house all day, I ran about 60 minutes (around 6 miles) at Minto Brown Park.  They are doing so much work on the park it is wonderful.  There are trail maps everywhere.  I ran to the Eola area of the park I have never been too.  It's all dirt and stone trail so I could not bike it unless I had a mountain or hybrid bike.  I ran along the Willamette River at one point.  It was so warm (like high 50's/low 60's) out and sunny.  It was peaceful and beautiful.  The long run yesterday and shorter one today have helped me sort out my thoughts.  I am thankful for a better day today.

I am really thankful for the warm winter we're having and the sunny days.  I never expected we would have this.  There really is so much to be thankful and many blessings among all the challenging things that get thrown our direction.

I've been eating pretty well though still craving the sweet stuff--not nearly as bad as Christmas Break.  I will probably weigh myself on Wednesday and see where I'm at.  My sleep has been great. Absolutely no issues there.  Which makes me really think I am not dealing with anxiety at all because anxiety always affects my sleep.   Sometimes I wonder if it is affecting Hailey's.  We are going to try lavender oil.  I also have been trying citrus oil for mood lifting.  Obviously it doesn't change your mood instantly and it's not a cure-all.  I think the oil craze has led some to believe that.  It does help.  If anything the aroma helps keep a peaceful environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment