Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 14 - 18: More spartan & running

On Wednesday I went to Spartan. The workout was pretty intense again, but no burpees this time.  On Thursday we swam.  It was kind of an impromtu workout they made up as they went along.  Erica did not swim the whole time.  She is in the last trimester of pregnancy and I am so impressed she is there at all.  She is amazing.  I felt quite a bit stronger in the water than the previous week.  The pool was busy again and I ended up sharing a lane part of the time with an old guy.  On Friday at Spartan we worked with partners.  There were just four of us there and they wanted to guys versus girls.  I ended up with Sara who is this amazing buff athlete who teaches Power and Ride.  She can lift like 3-4 times the amount I can and has so much endurance.  It was a little intimidating, but she's very nice.  We did quite a few sprints which I love.  We did a sprint contest at the end.  I did not win, but I could almost keep up with Sara so I was proud of that.  In the late afternoon I ran 4 miles at the track creating my own workout.  The track was busier...there were at least four people at one time.  So looking forward to it being lighter out at 5 PM.  This time of year is hard for me being in the dark and gray.  At least it's been warm.  Saturday I rested.  Today I ran 8 miles and I did a good mix of the Sumpter and Sunnyslope neighborhoods.  Quite a few hills, but also some flat streets too.  I did not feel as good as I normally do and had to take more walk breaks than normal.  I am emotionally off today and I even think I've been dealing with some minor depression off and on since mid November.  It really helped to think through some of the issues while I ran and what to do about it.  I know I will be OK...like I said this isn't the greatest time of year for me.  I am thankful I am still functioning quite well and my work, exercise, and eating healthy really keep me going. It has nothing to do with my family, my job, or anything like that. I have so little anxiety and I am extremely grateful for that. I sleep great. I don't have the racing thoughts, shaky arms, focus issues, or irritability.  I wish I wasn't dealing with the depressed feelings that have ebbed and flow since November. I am praying my way through this valley.  

No comments:

Post a Comment