Wednesday, January 28, 2015

1/27 & 1/28: Flexibility and Upcoming Scheduling

Yesterday Rob did not want me to run in the morning fog.  It was seriously thick and the traffic report was filled with nasty accidents.  I asked if I could run over his lunch since I had no child care after 1 PM.  I ran 7 miles and it either took me longer than I originally planned, the lights at the intersection were longer than I thought or Rob & I were looking at different clocks.  I thought I was gone only 70 minutes but he said it was closer to 90.  Not convenient for him but he is able to work from home and Kara doesn't need a lot of supervision. I still felt bad though.  I ran all through the Sunnyslope and Salem Heights neighborhood which has the massive hills.  I still had to take walk breaks on some of the hills, but I ran more uphill than I did on Saturday.

Today the Spartan workout was not intense as Monday.  We did way more push ups and clean and press which I don't think is as strenuous.  Jackie did say that my glutes and hamstring are very tight which is why I can't get a full range of motion.  She booked me for a free flexibility training session next week and also taught me some stretches I can do at home.  I need to restart yoga.  I found a great app that is not like the You Tube videos I was getting very bored with.   I cannot go to Centergy right now...just can't fit it into the training schedule.  So I need to discipline myself to do yoga at least 2-3 times a week.  I do hate being so tight and I can feel it when I run up hills.  It's like I dragging sand bags.

Friday is my last day of Spartan and I am quite sad.  I may try to do another month this spring.  I am not sure how my February workout schedule will be.  It's different now that swimming is on Thursdays which cuts out morning Group Power.  If I want to do Power I can only go Wednesday or Friday early evening or Saturday morning.  With basketball on Saturdays until March, that makes scheduling tough.  On a good week I could see it looking like this:  Monday = Short Run  Tuesday = Track Run  Wednesday = Ride  Thursday = Swim  Friday =  Ride and/or late afternoon Power  Saturday or Sunday = Long Run  I know things will switch around a lot because if I can do Saturday Power, I prefer that over the late afternoon.

I have been back on MFP two and a half days and I already feel like my eating is not all over the place.  I am still hungry all the time, but it feels less out of control.

My sleep has been great the last two nights.  I wake up feeling very rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment