Friday, March 13, 2015

3/9 - 3/13: 18 miles!!

On Monday I took a much needed rest.  I was going to go to Group Ride if Rob came home from Portland on time.  I knew that would be unlikely but there was a slight chance.  He was not home in time.  I did a half hour of yoga using my Daily Yoga app.  My leg muscles are so incredibly tight!  I felt like I loosened them up a bit.  On Tuesday Tracy texted me last minute and was not running early morning but going at 8:30 am.  I couldn't run then because of kids.  I ran 5 miles on my own and did my old 5 mile route.  It was nice to do something regular and routined that I didn't have to think much about.  I ran pretty well.  On Wednesday Tracy & I swam with this other guy who has been joining us.  We did lots of speed swims and it was a decent workout.  I did yoga again Wednesday night.  On Thursday I decided to rest again. The kids had no school and I had no child care.  It was too hard to get up.  I wasn't very motivated.  Plus our plan was to declutter the house especially the bedrooms.  For some reason this stresses me out so much--it is emotionally exhausting.  I was dreading it.  We got it all done.  I cleaned literally from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm with only short little breaks.  We did all the bedrooms, the laundry room, caught up laundry, and the kitchen.  I still have to do some closets and the attic and get the garage sale pile organized--I can probably do it on Saturday. \

 Then today (Friday) I did 18 miles!  I am so glad I did it today.  The weather is supposed to be 100% rain and terrible Saturday & Sunday.  The kids did not have school and I had no child care until 9:30 am.  I started at 5:45 am and finished just before 9:15 am.  I stopped at home after 15 miles to get more water and ended up talking to Rob at least 5-7 minutes who was not feeling well.  I had a few long lights.  I got off course around Candalaria and I am pretty sure I went closer to 18.5 miles.  The best part was I did not choke on the hills.  I ran in a whole new area I had ever run in before...around Candalaria, Fairmount Park, and High Street.  It is very very hilly.  I did walk a little but I didn't walk nearly as much as I did Saturday.  My quads were not very tight and I felt like I had more range of motion.  I think the yoga helped more than I realized.  It was a beautiful morning and I felt so much better than last week.

Eating wise I am doing pretty well.  It's always a little tricky when we get down to the end of our groceries, but I am not craving junk nearly as much.

I am sleeping really well again and hardly waking up at all.  I am super tired at night after these long runs and typically the following night.  I did take a nap Wednesday morning but only for about a half hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment