Tuesday, March 3, 2015

3/2 - 3/3: Back to Power and hills

Yesterday I decided to sleep until 7 AM.  I thought about going to the gym since my membership now allows me to go on Mondays.  I am so used to Monday being my day off I was not motivated at all.  Rob decided to stay home Monday night versus going out with the guys group from church.  So I went to Group Power.  I have not been to Power since before Christmas and my quads are killing me.  I feel tight in my legs  and a little in my chest muscles from all those push ups.  It was really good to be back though although I kept my weight super low.  I did not want to push it, but I will gradually increase again.

Today I ran with Tracy and she dragged me up the Lone Oak hill.  It was extremely challenging.  I had to walk about 15 seconds.  She ran the whole way but I was ahead of her a good part of the time.  I am glad we tackled it.  It is much much easier to do hill workouts with someone else.  It is very motivating to try to keep up with someone.  We have such good talks while we run too.  I appreciate getting to know her better.  After school I ran one mile with Derek.  We are training for a race in April.  Again I had such a good little talk with my boy.  He really is a good runner and never complains.  I am hoping the running will help with his bottled up energy and possibly anxiety he deals with.

I have eaten really well the last two days.  I think I am going to have pizza back to back for youth group tomorrow and then Derek's basketball party.  I am going to try to eat healthy lunches and breakfasts.

My sleep has been good again.  I am not nearly as congested at night anymore and that helps.  I haven't had morning anxiety the past couple of mornings.  I think some of that was attributed to hormone levels because it tracks where I was in my cycle.  I hate anxiety.  I know I will never be cured from it this side of heaven and it will always be my crutch.  At least I've found healthy ways to deal with it and it hasn't impaired my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment