Monday, March 23, 2015

3/16 - 3/23--Good running and Spring Break

So last week was pretty good.  On Monday I went to morning Group Ride.  It had been a very long time since I have been to Ride on a Monday morning.  On Tuesday Tracy could only do a short run.  So I ran about four miles with her through the neighborhood we have been running in and then I did two miles on my own afterwards.  On Tuesday I went to Group Power.  It also been a very long time since I went to the 6:30 PM Power and on a Tuesday night.  I had a great talk with the instructor afterwards who shared Power will help me with tremendously with running even if I can only go once a week which is in the current plan.  On Wednesday we met up again for swimming and we did a long cycle of 100's and 200's.  We finished a bit earlier than normal.  On Thursday I was going to run in the morning before we left for Portland but I was so tired and I opted for sleep.  On Friday we were in Portland all day and I didn't want to run on the hotel treadmill and didn't have the opportunity to run outside.  We got home Saturday afternoon and I ran 6 miles almost immediately after coming home.  That run went great.  On Sunday afternoon I ran my 13 miles and it took me about two hours and ten minutes even with lights and stopping a little bit on hills.  I had to stop so much less on the hills--I surprised myself how much endurance I had.  My quads did not hurt at all.  It was the best run I have had in quite awhile.  It rained a bit at the beginning and near the end, but it didn't really bother me.  It was kind of refreshing.  It was warm enough that I didn't feel super cold...even afterwards.  The hot tub at my parent's motel felt really nice.  Today is Monday and I opted to take it off again because we had a full day.  My parents leave tomorrow and Rob and I are both off all week.  The kids are off too. We have a few things planned, but we do have enough down time that I have no excuse not to work out.

My eating hasn't been great mostly due to vacation.  I haven't really been tracking calories but I will get back into it after Spring Break again.

I have been sleeping really well too.  The first night in the motel I was really restless.  Second night was better.  I have been sleeping well at home.  With the go, go, go schedule I tire out.  I took a nap on the couch today and slept really hard even though I slept in until 8:00 AM this morning.  I think once I stop working and have down time my body just craves rest.  I am more than willing to give in to it.  We've also had wet, gray, drizzly weather and that makes everyone tired.  We're not supposed to get sun until Thursday.

I am also tracking the life on my new shoes.  I got a pair of Newtons and I am trying to break them in.  My hopes is to wear them on the marathon.  So far my small toes feel tingly and almost numb when I run in them so I am not sure what that's about.  I am told I get about 500 miles of life in them.  So far I have burned 12 so I am down to 488 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment