Monday, March 9, 2015

3/5 - 3/8: 17 miles!!

On Thursday I had planned on running at the track, but I woke up in the morning and I just couldn't do it.  I was way too tired and decided to the day off from exercise.  On Friday I biked the stationary bike for 42 minutes.  I opted to sleep the extra hour and bike on my own on the stationary bike versus going to early morning Group Ride.  I still got a good workout and I felt like I needed that extra hour of sleep.  On Saturday I got my 17 pre=birthday run in!  I started at 5:25 AM and finished at 8:20 AM.  I stopped at Safeway to use the bathroom, but I didn't hit many lights so I am guessing I did about 10 minute miles.  I choked on quite a few hills and couldn't make it up without walking.  The last two miles I did 30 second - 1 minute walk breaks.  I felt like I was walking a ton until I realized I was right on schedule time wise.  I think I am generally faster than I used to be but I cannot maintain that speed when going up hills.  I did not plan on walking nearly as much as I did. In the end I think my walk breaks were really short--though at the time they felt long.  On Sunday (yesterday) I ran 8 miles at the track doing another downward ladder workout.  I ran great and didn't feel like I had to walk at any point.  Even with all the running I am not all that sore today.

For running this week I have to 5, 9 and 18 and then I get two kick back weeks in a row.  I have to figure out when to do the 9.  Because I don't like doing the medium and long run back to back like I did this weekend.  I would rather avoid that.  I am running into scheduling issues with Rob being in meetings all weekend long.  I am not busy but he is.

Eating I have been doing a decent job sticking within the calories.  I have not weighed myself in a couple of days.  We have pretty healthy meals planned this week.

I had a couple good nights of sleep but last night I slept restless again.  I woke up a couple of times.  I could not get comfortable.  I was having bizarre dreams.  I had a Mike's Hard lemonade at 8:00 PM and that might have affected it.  No caffeine though except at lunch.

I think we're getting rain this week==we've been so spoiled with good running weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment