Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Power today and tired

I did not fall asleep until around 11 last night and my anxious brain followed by the cat woke me up at 4 AM.  I'm quite surprised I am not as tired as I thought I would be...often it hits me later.  I don't feel normal today anxiety-wise, but I am doing OK holding together.  One thing that is hard is I just strongly dislike Wednesdays.  I am starting to dread them.  I work 8 to 5, go right to Leadership training class, and jump into youth group sometimes not coming home until close to 9.  It's a long day.  My class will be over after Christmas and that will help.  I'll at least get 1 1/2 hour break before youth group.  For now it is what it is.

I did make it to Power.  I knew I wouldn't fall back asleep and I told Tracy I would be there anyway.  Power hurt!  It's amazing how far behind you get after missing just one week.  It was tough.  I was glad I went and it felt great to do strength training again.

My IT band hurts more this afternoon, but I didn't get a chance to roll it until an hour ago.  My ankle feels better than yesterday.  I have been still been doing yoga consistently and I think it makes a difference physically and mentally.

The cold rainy weather is very normal for November, but it's not been an easy transition for me.  I really crave being outside.  I am sure I will get used to it as the winter goes on and frankly we need all this rain--but I tend to struggle when it is like this day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment