Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Cooler air and normal workouts

It's been about a week since I posted.  Last Thursday I rested.  I am incredibly tired Thursday mornings because Wednesdays are long and running from one thing to the next.  I spent almost the entire afternoon getting ready for Derek's birthday...which I was more than happy to do.  But I got nothing else done.  I skipped Bible Study and was grateful it was cancelled anyway.  Apparently others were in the same boat as me and needed another week to get caught up.  I did manage to get to Group Ride Friday morning which helped with the long day on Friday.  I have almost all the day care kids on Friday and if they cannot go outside much--it's a long day.  Thankfully it was better than the week before.  I was slightly embarrassed at Ride I could not clip into the pedals until halfway through the warm up and I'm hoping no one noticed.  I honestly feel quite self conscious about it hence why I try to get a bike in the back row.  They were all taken.
On Saturday I ran 7 miles!  I started around 8 AM.  My whole Saturday went smoother and I was less moody since I got up before the kids.  And got a workout in.  It was cold, but a good run.  I ran some of my old marathon training routes I don't do as much right now.  I had zero IT band pain or ankle pain the whole run.

On Sunday I ran with Derek.  We did three full miles at about a 12 1/2 to 13 minute mile pace.  His first mile is always around 11 minutes.  He did not really stop at all.  He pushed through it.  My IT band was starting to hurt at the end.

On Monday (yesterday) I ran almost five miles with Tracy.  I stretched and rolled beforehand.  I again didn't have much pain, but felt maybe a little coming on near the end.  I got lazy with the yoga again and have only been rolling once or twice a day.  It is something I am going to have to keep up with especially if I want to get back into the longer distances.

Then today I made it to Power.  I increased my weight a little bit and it was a great workout.  My ankle is still not healed all the way.  I can feel it pretty bad with lunges and squats.  I don't feel it as much when I walk around.

Eating wise, I am doing fine.  I am not keeping track of calories.  It is just so tedious and I feel like a slave to it.  I might do so after the holidays.  Especially if I gain a few pounds.

I slept amazing last week falling asleep right away.  The past two nights have not been as good, but I am sure 90% is PMS.  It always affects my sleep. I am kind of count on it.

The weather is getting very cool for Oregon but dry again.  I don't mind the crisp winter air.  It's nice to run outside in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment