Monday, November 16, 2015

Pain free running session!

So last week was a little bit of a bust...but not totally.  I swam with Erica on Wednesday.  My intention was going to go to Power on Thursday but I was so tired Wednesday night after youth group I knew it was not going to happen.  I watched kids all morning on Thursday, spoke at the senior's lunch, and baked literally all afternoon until early evening.  I made it to Bible Study but I was tired...my mind was wandering a lot...I felt a little guilty.  I decided not to get up Friday.  Friday was a very crazy day child care wise.  I had one extra child, but it was just a little more chaotic than normal.  By 4 PM I was ready to crash.  Our bazaar on Saturday went great.  Getting ready and set up for that felt easy compared to child care on Friday.  I was not as tired Saturday night as I was Friday night.  I ran with Derek Sunday afternoon.  We went two miles.  He ran the whole way--didn't walk at all.  We maintained about a 12 minute mile pace...not bad.

I did 1 10-15 minute yoga session on the Yoga Works app everyday last week except I missed Thursday.  I rolled three times a day except I missed one day (I think Thursday as well).  I iced about once a day (sometimes twice).  I did IT band stretching after rolling.  My ankle is much better.  I did not wear heels at all except for one hour yesterday...I really think my black boots caused some of the tendonitis.

This morning I ran 5 miles with Tracy and I had zero IT band pain!  Yay!  I totally expected it come on around Mile #3 especially as we went up a big hill.  But it didn't!

I am finding the afternoon yoga session helps with my focus issues and reduces my stress level.  I look forward to it now.  The stretching helps with all the tightness is my glutes, hips, and lower thighs.  The rolling is obviously making a difference too.

Now on to another week.  It is going to be full again...but manageable.  Eating and sleeping wise I am doing fine.  Not a lot of major issues there.  I kind of like making healthy lunches with the child care kids now because I eat with them...and it keeps me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment